Skip To Main Content

Student Registration

Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in Craven County.

Craven County Schools welcome all students regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin or disabling condition who live within the boundaries of the Craven County School district and meet state age and health requirements. Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in  Craven County at the school they will be attending by visiting the appropriate school. If you have questions about which school your child should attend, call the Central Office at (252) 514-6300.

Children who will be five years old on or before August 31 are eligible for admission.

Assignment Policy

Each Student enrolled in Craven County Schools is assigned to the school of his/her grade level serving the attendance zone in which that student’s parent/legal guardian is domiciled.  ( Ref: Policy 4150)

Determining School Assignment Districts

Information on school assignment districts can be obtained by calling Craven County Schools Central Office at 252-514-6300 or you may visit our District website at  You will need to provide an exact street address to determine which school your child will attend.

Steps to enroll a student in Craven County Schools: 

Please bring the following items with you to enroll your child:

 Property tax records which indicate the street or road address location of the residence

  • Copy of the mortgage document or copy of deed to property which indicates the street or road address of the property or a copy of the residential lease showing street or road address
  • Copy of a current utility bill in the name of the parent showing residence address (electric, gas, water or cable)
  • Copy of current photo ID or driver’s license showing street or road address

 You will also need to bring the following:

  • Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
  • Legal custody documentation papers (if applicable)
  • Health Immunization records
  • NC Health Assessment (for Kindergarten & first-time enrollee – forms are located on district website under Health forms)
  • Homeschool documentation (if child was homeschooled prior to entering public schools)
  • A current Report Card or Transcript (high school)  for your child, if available
  • Withdrawal form from the previous school